People working in Punta Gabbiani knows very well the importance of respecting nature because from this depends directly the quality of life inside the marina.
The structure is well placed and immersed in the lagoon area, importance is given to the harbour-waters quality, so that to the use of alternative energy sources, on saving electricity and drinkable water, on the fires prevention.
• Pumping out of on-board black waters, in the water and on land
• Separate collection of on board wastes – used oil, batteries, boatyard wastes
• Collection and treatment of hull-washing waste water
• Disposal of bilge water
• Architectural integration in respect of the environment
• Environmental education initiatives
• Port water analysis
Thanks to these features – to which the lifesaving equipment, services for the disabled, the sprinkler system, swimming safety policies and its First Aid facilities should be added – the Marina Punta Gabbiani has been given the “Blue Flag” prize, awarded annually by the FEE – the Foundation for Environmental Education – to Europe’s best-equipped and most environmentally friendly marinas.